Radio Media Groups span a broad range of business models, from small regional groupings of radio stations to large national radio networks. The largest national operators often encompass other media disciplines such as Display advertising and Publishing. Within the radio environment advertising sales and scheduling processes often have many transactional vendors across proposals, research, trafficking, web, automation and accounting. Campaign proposals to agencies are generally consolidated into consistent network wide campaign that can be reconciled for agency reporting and billing.
Below are some examples of the exclusive BIAnalytix Modules that streamline the process of gathering and analyzing this critical transactional data. BIAnalytix is the key to better business decisions and business insights that result in higher profits and a competitive advantage.
Radio BIAnalytix Diagram
Radio Solution Modules
BIAnalytix Media Base Module - for Traffic Systems
This Module supports data from traffic systems. Each different traffic system requires a separate extraction process into the standard staging schema. This Media Base Module is dedicated to the powerful analysis of the core traffic attributes and provides the foundation for an almost unlimited number of analyses that can be created at will.
The report capabilities are grouped into the following families.
- Client Analysis - These analysis views present information for the clients and agencies. Both historical comparisons and forecasts are supported. This family allows analysis over the dimensions of client, agency, transmission date, activity date, and source for the measures of gross and net revenue, units and duration
- Sales Analysis - This report family looks at overall sales revenue from a sales manager's perspective. It allows analysis over the dimensions of sales office, representative, agency, client, source, channel, headend, transmission date, and activity date for the measures of gross and net revenue, units and duration.
- Forecast Analysis - This set of reports uses historical data to forecast future positions of both revenue and avails. This Forecast Family allows analysis with projection formula over the dimensions of program, daypart and channel for the measures of gross and net revenue, units, duration and capacity.
- Inventory Analysis - This family of analysis provides details of the inventory position of the network and headend schedule. It allows analysis over the dimensions of program, daypart, channel, transmission date, and activity date for the measures of capacity, duration, and units.
- Network Analysis - This family of reports analyzes networks in detail with the filter and drill capability. This analysis is over the dimensions of program, dayparts, channel, transmission date, and activity date for the measures of gross and net revenue, units, and duration.
BIAnalytix Campaign Performance Module
This Module extends the data warehouse to support data associated with audience ratings (such as Rentrak and Arbitron audience ratings) as well as audience projections to support agency campaign delivery analysis.
With the integration of audience details within the BIAnalytix data warehouse and OLAP structures, the combined set of dimensions and measures will provide a rich new set analysis and reporting possibilities. As part of the initial implementation of the BIAnalytix Campaign Performance Module, Decentrix supplies a broad set of standard "starter" analysis reports which are grouped into the following analysis families:
- Survey Analysis - This report family looks at the summaries of the delivered audience from the survey books. The delivered average audience and shares can be reported on by market, channel, date, time, and program.
- Delivery Analysis - This report family looks at the applied audience for all breaks both past and projected for all demographs. This allows analysis for all dimensions of the Break Activity such as Channel, Transmission Date, Time, Program, Dayparts, Break type, Program Class. The measures can be Share and Audience together with Conversion Efficiency. Note that audience based forecasts are included based upon unsold Impressions and Cost per thousand for the corporate demograph.
- Campaign Performance Analysis - These web analysis views present the data warehouse information for the campaigns over all channels with both delivered audience compared with proposed audience for campaigns. This family allows analysis over the dimensions of campaign, channel, and transmission date.
- Includes both Projected and Delivered audience
- Comparison of projected delivery to proposed targets
- Across the 3 demographics (Primary, Secondary, Corporate)
- CPT or Impressions comparison
- Drill by Demo, Agency, Advertiser, Campaign, Date
- Impression Capacity Analysis - Impression Capacity Analysis by demo totals the impression capacity on each break.
- For the corporate demo, the Impression Capacity can have the Sold impressions subtracted to show the Impression Avails by percentage.
- The sold revenue and sold impressions calculates the actual Cost per Thousand.
- Using the Impressions Avails and the Actual CPT for the corporate demo, the Forecast potential Revenue can be generated.
- Conversion Efficiency Analysis - Conversion Efficiency analysis is targeted at identifying the best demographic for each program.
- Sorting the programs by Conversion Efficiency for the campaign target demograph will provide the top programs for the campaign
- Note that this is based upon audience data only and does not include market demand and does not lead to the Maximum Revenue nor does it generate a campaign with the lowest CPT.
- This is equivalent to pricing all programs as proportional only to the projected Corporate Audience.
- Valuation Analysis - Valuation Analysis uses as input a set of market researched CPT's by demo.
- The maximum value that would be paid for each program is calculated over all the demos.
- The historic ratio of the actual rates paid for a program to the Maximum CPT Value is calculated.
- This is used to adjust the projected Maximum CPT Value to generate a Forecast Value for the Program.
- This is used to set the initial rate and is used to calculate the Value per Thousand (VPT) for the program for optimum campaign generation.
- Sensitivity (Elasticity) Analysis - Price Sensitivity Analysis is used to measure from past sales the sensitivity to price changes for each primary demo of campaigns.
- The prices used for these calculations are the historical CPT paid for the spot.
- The sold quantity is the historical number of seconds sold at this value CPT.
- The scaled sensitivity is such that a sensitivity of -1 indicates that a 1% increase in CPT price causes a drop of 1% in the amount of sold seconds for this target demo group of campaign buyers.
BIAnalytix Revenue Maximization Module
This Module uses the delivered audience data to project future revenue as a function of rate variations. The functions within this Module will recommend pricing changes that have the potential to maximize forecast revenue.
Prerequisites for this Module are twelve (12) months of operations for both the Media Base Module and Campaign Performance Module. The analysis supported within this Module includes:
- Market Value Analysis - This calculation is based on using a Market CPT table of research data that indicates the current rate per thousand for each of the common target audiences purchased in the market. For any future inventory period, the projected audience delivery is calculated for every demograph. By using the researched CPT for each demograph, the ideal rate that would be paid can be calculated and then the maximum rate can be chosen for the inventory period (called the Maximum Ideal Rate).
A second class of calculations can be done for the past dates (e.g. last 90 days) that compare the average rate actually paid to the Maximum Ideal Rate and this becomes a Rate Multiplier for each inventory period. This is a reflection of the ratio of the actual price paid to the ideal price. For future rate calculations, the calculated Maximum Ideal Rate is modified by the Rate Multiplier to form a realistic market rate for the future inventory period. This Calculated Rate often differs in business practice from the rate card, and can be known as the Value of commercial time to be used for comparisons in deal approval.
- Rate Sensitivity Analysis - For the future targeted inventory period, all past bookings for a suitable data range (e.g. last 90 days) are accumulated against the CPT paid for the spot. This provides a plot of the volume of bookings as a function of the CPT price. The Rate Sensitivity can be then calculated by the slope of this analysis.
- Maximum Forecast Revenue Analysis - The forecast of revenue for a set of future inventory periods can now be made a function of the introduced rate adjus™ent dimension and the rate adjus™ent value that maximizes the revenue can be chosen for all future inventory periods. Because the improvement of revenue is also calculated, then only the inventory periods are displayed where the recommended rate adjus™ent leads to a larger increase in revenue than a specified threshold.
BIAnalytix Proposal Module
The Proposal Module supports data from proposal systems, and compliments the sales revenue data in the Media Base Module by retrieving outstanding proposals per client to allow estimated pipeline revenue to be tracked.
The report capabilities are grouped into the following families.
- Proposal Version Analysis - This family of analysis compares all the version of a proposal to the Primary proposal.
- Combined Revenue Analysis - This family of analysis combines the revenue from the Booked orders together with the un-posted contracted proposals to form a total of contracted business.
- Delivered Comparison Analysis - This family of analysis compares the revenue, the audience, and the CPT between the original contracted posted proposal and the booked orders.
BIAnalytix Website Ad Revenue Module
This Module supports the revenue associated with website banner ads by loading the campaign details, the insertion statistics, and the website visitor information to the data warehouse.
The report capabilities are grouped into the following families:
- Web Campaign Delivery Analysis - This analysis family provides rich analysis of the campaign impressions and click-thrus. The campaign revenue incurred together with the delivery statistics allows the cost per impression and cost per click-thru to be reported. The campaign data is summarized by the agency, the advertiser, the copy viewed. An example of the power of the analysis is to compare the effectiveness (click-thru percentage) of the different campaign copy items. These copy identifiers can be related to copy on the broadcast channels. Further analysis can be provided if the demographic of the site visitor can be discerned. This is normally through the techniques of free subscription services such as news or weather e-mail services.
- Multi-media campaign Analysis - When the Web campaign details are consolidated in the data warehouse with the broadcast campaign details, the combined advertiser campaign analysis can be provided. Mapping of the agencies and advertisers between the web and broadcast data provides full multi-media campaigns integrating total revenue across both media. Effectiveness measures can be used to weight web and broadcast impressions and cost per impression to further compare integrated campaigns. In particular, with the same copy ID used on the web and broadcast for video, then effectiveness (click-thru percentage) from the web data can be used to refine the broadcast copy campaign.
- Traffic Delivery Audit Analysis - With the Web traffic system results, the impressions available on website page groups can be totaled. The impressions from the site log can be compared to ensure the alignment of the impressions from the two different sources.
- Site Visitor Flow Analysis - With the page visit statistics, the visitor flow from and to pages can be analyzed to relate source and destination page flows to web ad effectiveness. This can be used to tune site links to improve effectiveness for the advertiser. The statistics can be presented in both page impressions as well as visitor time spent.
- Promotional Effectiveness - If the broadcast traffic system includes promotion spots, then the promotion spots that promote the media web pages can be selected. This can then relate the changes in web page traffic to the promotion effort and expense on the broadcast channels.
- Site Retention Analysis - The page flow statistics from the first visitor page can highlight the site departure statistics to assist the site design focused on improving the retention of visitors. The number of impressions possible (capacity) on a web site is directly related to the time spent within the web site.
- Site Capacity Analysis - With the page visitor statistics, then the capacity of the site for impressions can be monitored and trended. Comparisons with past periods can track the improvements of capacity and thus campaign revenue potential of the site.
BIAnalytix Real-Time Module for Media Base
This Real Time Module provides the ability to receive the changes to the traffic spots and breaks as well as the automation as-run data during the transmission day and can support analysis on new sales and availability data every few minutes throughout the day.
BIAnalytix Program Profitability Module
This extends the Media Base Module with program rights amortization data to allow projected revenue and projected expense to provide future program profitability analysis.
BIAnalytix Accounts Receivable Module
This BIAnalytix business intelligence Module adds the accounts receivable data to the Media Base Module to form an integrated snapshot of the complete advertiser/agency payment status.
This Module provides aged payment details for each agency. Together with booked and invoiced revenue, this can also provide the appropriate data feed to a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system supporting interactive client communication and negotiation. This A/R Module comes with several standard reports such as A/R Aged Balance report, A/R Transaction details and A/R GL balance.