Please complete our Data Scientist Questionnaire as part of the application process.
|Location||Denver, CO - USA|
|Travel||Minimal travel may be required (1-3 trips/year)|
Decentrix is a global technology company that develops and licenses enterprise analytics solutions for Media, Entertainment, Advertising and Telecommunications companies. Our primary goal is to maximize revenue opportunities for these businesses in their content and advertising business models.
See www.decentrix.com for more information.
Decentrix offers an exciting opportunity to individuals with the right skill set and background to join our elite team and work with the most advanced data science and analytics technologies. As a data scientist, you create value by discovering actionable business insights and opportunities through scientific research and data-driven inquiry. You are an innovative thinker with the ability to gain deep understanding of complex business processes, iteratively build and test intelligent solutions that are both mathematically robust and contextually valid to the business, and present insights and recommendations in a way that can be easily understood and acted on by key decision-makers. You possess a highly diverse skillset, including expertise in statistics, systems thinking, software development, user experience, and data engineering. You also have excellent data storytelling and written/oral communication skills.
- Build and maintain a deep knowledge of the media industry
- Combine domain knowledge, statistics, machine learning, and software engineering skills to create intuitive tools and analyses to address industry opportunities
- Collaborate with a team of software architects, data scientists, data engineers, and project managers to build and maintain our portfolio of products
- Guide product development from R&D to implementation
- Research academic literature to stay on the forefront of media and data science
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and experimentation
- Advanced degree (Masters/PhD) in business analytics, data science, computer science, statistics, or an equivalent quantitative and technical discipline
- Experience with hypothesis testing, machine learning, and visualization
- Proficiency in one or more of: Python, R, Scala, Java, C# (Python and/or Scala strongly preferred)
- Expert proficiency collecting, assembling, and analyzing large datasets from relational and non-relational data sources
- Understanding of distributed computing and cloud architecture
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Spark, Storm, Kafka, etc.) very desirable
- Knowledge of econometrics, revenue management, non-parametric statistics, and Monte Carlo simulation favorably considered
- Strong technical and organizational leadership to engage in product development and architecture discussions
- Creativity to “think outside the box” and develop novel solutions to challenging problems
- An interest in change management and human psychology
- Excellent data storytelling and presentation skills
- The ability to thrive in an energetic, highly collaborative organization